Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Between reading through the physical books I already own, the e-books on my Nook, and keeping wish lists of forthcoming titles, I also have my sights on a few physical books that I don’t yet own but would like to read. These are books that I wish Santa would bring me so I can both read and own them!
Links go to the Goodreads page for each
1. When We Wake by Karen Healey
I picked up the ARC for While We Run at NCTE, and now I’m really intrigued by the series. I want the first book so I can read both! It’s about a girl who dies and wakes up 100 years in the future.
2. Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston
Same as #1. They were handing out a lot of sequels at NCTE! This story is about the witness protection program.
3. The Secret History by Donna Tartt
I want to read The Goldfinch so badly, but I’ve been told to start with Tartt’s first novel before diving into that one.
4. Blindness by José Saramago
When I first met my girlfriend, she said she’d just read and loved this book. It’s about a plague of blindness.
5. Dr. Bird’s Advice for Sad Poets by Evan Roskos
A boy’s battle with anxiety and depression.
6. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Because basically I’ve been wanting to read this book forever.
7. The Waking Dark by Robin Wasserman
I enjoyed The Book of Blood and Shadow so much that I can’t wait to read Wasserman’s next book. This one is about the killing day and those who survived
8. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Even if I can’t get to it, the physical book is beautiful and would look great on my shelf!
9. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
I’ve only ever heard good things about this smart YA romance.
10. Bitter End by Jennifer Brown
This book about teen dating violence has been on my TBR list for two years!
Which books are on your Christmas list?